The Ultimate Guide to Outdoor Workwear
Whether you work in construction, automotives, oil rigs or any other demanding job, you need work gear that is tough, protective and comfortable enough to wear for a whole workday. The right workwear is critical to performing your job safely and effectively. Tough fabrics, leather and hardhats are all fair game in the world of outdoor professions. If you own a business that works outdoors, it’s important to equip your employees with the right outdoor workwear. Once you’ve chosen the right workwear for your team, you can then make it your own by customizing it with Instant Imprints’® superior branding capabilities. Let’s take a look at some of the most important factors when it comes to outdoor workwear so you can get a better understanding of the types of gear your team needs.
Utilize Tough Materials
No matter the style of your workwear, such as a pullover or a vest, it’s important that it be made of the appropriate material. Here are some of the most popular outdoor workwear materials so you can decide what is right for your team:
- Cotton Duck is a durable woven fabric that is one of the most popular workwear materials out there. It’s also used to make sandbags, shoes and tents, so you know it’s tough. The word “duck” doesn’t have anything to do with fowl—in fact, it originates from a Dutch word for tough fabric. Cotton duck can be a bit stiff at first, but it gets more comfortable the more it is worn and washed.
- Denim is another type of cotton fabric that is not as tough as cotton duck but is more comfortable (and more stylish as well).
- Leather is made from tanned animal hide, and can have different grades of stiffness and protection depending on which animal it comes from and how it is produced. Leather is popular in everything from belts to boots—it’s no secret that leather is tough!
- Synthetic Fabrics are growing in popularity due to recent advances in synthetic technology. Synthetic fabrics such as nylon and polyester are now being produced in ways that amplify their protection against the elements, making them useful as lightweight protective wear.
- Flannel is the quintessential outdoor workwear, popularized with the lumberjack look. A warm and tough cotton, flannel is a tried and true piece of outdoor gear.
Features to Look For
When shopping for outdoor workwear, there are a few features that can make a big difference in the effectiveness of the gear. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Water Repellency and Proofing will help ensure that the wearer stays dry when the weather gets tough. Anyone who has worked in wet conditions knows that having a soaking shirt can really be a bummer.
- Heavy Duty Zippers are a major advantage to outdoor gear. Nothing’s more frustrating than a zipper that gets stuck or breaks!
- Heat and Flame Resistance is an absolute must if you work in a field dealing with open flames or hot materials.
Types of Workwear
There are many different types of workwear to consider for your job. Let’s take a brief look at some of the most popular outdoor workwear items:
- Work Jackets are key to protecting your team from the elements—be sure to look for weather resistant features like waterproofing.
- Work Pants are usually made from denim or another durable fabric, and can have helpful features such as tool loops and deep pockets.
- Overalls are a tough way to get covered from head to toe. They’re especially useful in messy jobs that would otherwise ruin the clothing beneath.
- Thermal Underwear is critical in cold scenarios. Adding an extra layer can make all the difference between being overly chilly and being comfortably warm on the worksite.
- Hardhats, Glasses and Other Safety Accessories are necessary elements to a professional worksite. Never skip out on these!
When you’ve settled on the outdoor workwear that is right for your team, then you can head to Instant Imprints to customize your apparel so that your team can represent your brand. Branding your workwear can help to create a sense of camaraderie amongst your employees and display your professionalism to the public. Our Image Experts will work to understand your project and answer any questions you may have, so that you can hit the worksite in style, proudly displaying your logo. Take your outdoor jobs to the next level by utilizing promotional branding on your outdoor workwear. Find an Instant Imprints near you to get started today!